You finally closed the deal on your beautiful new home. Or maybe you got the keys to your fixer-upper after months of renovations. Probably you might be a recent college graduate, finally starting out on their own in your first new apartment. It’s refreshing and stress-relieving to finally own your home. Too bad it’s still a space void of furniture.
So you need furniture fast, but you don’t want to make mistakes and buy cheap, short-lived pieces. You also don’t want to go over budget, purchasing the house was expensive enough. We hear you, and for that reason, we have laid out a guide to buying furniture.
1. Favor used furniture over newer furniture. It might not seem so attractive right now, heading over to a used furniture store for some items. What most people don’t know is that you can find good quality pieces that can last a lifetime and they cost as much as that new piece you’ve been eyeing online. Take a trip to a flea market near you and see your options. Here are some other tips on how to find cheap furniture.
2. Avoid buying furniture with ‘0% interest’ offers. The secret that salespeople handing out this offer don’t want you to know is that they have stashed a substantial finance cost into that ‘unbeatable’ price. It is highly likely that you can amass the entire furniture collection for a fraction of what they are asking.
3. Be patient. Not every good deal comes at once. Take your time furnishing your home, collecting bits and pieces of high-quality items over a period of time. Start with the essentials that you know you cannot do without. With time, you can slowly add to your collection pieces that speak more of your personality.
4. Buy furniture that works with the space you are eyeing. Pay close attention to the dimensions of the space, taking note to pick furniture that will not overwhelm and dominate the entire space. To be sure, take measurements of the space you want to fill, and choose furniture that fits and complements the area entirely.
5. Choose furniture that fits into your lifestyle. If you have small children, silk upholstered furniture might be a painful and pricey choice, seeing how many stains you’ll be rubbing off now and then. Make sure your furniture doesn’t hurt your plumbing. If it does we recommend, Peerless Plumbing Company for Drains, Sewer, Pipes, Water Heaters, Toilets. Our lifestyles have a tendency to change as time goes by, so getting a versatile piece will save you lots of cash in the future.
These guidelines will go a long way in helping you choose furniture pieces that work for you, and last a long, long time. Whatever you do, not forget to do your research before you go furniture shopping! Happy shopping!